The EBMT Data Management Group
will use the opportunity provided by the Annual Meeting in Marseille to offer a series of educational, scientific and training sessions for Data Management professionals within an interactive and friendly environment.
This will be another unique opportunity for individuals from different centres, countries and institutions to meet up and get to know each other face to face.
There will be a varied programme
for data management professionals at all levels of their career and which should be of interest to everybody, regardless of background. These sessions are open to everyone - so no need to book, just turn up at the session. These sessions will be suitable to enhance your knowledge if you are new to this field or if you are an experienced data manager, there will be sessions which have a higher scientific context.
Session topics will include:
- CAR T-cells
- Over 40,000 transplants in Europe each year: The latest trends and developments from the EBMT Transplant Activity Survey
- “Haplo identical” transplants
- How to document complicated patient histories
- Centre Presentation on how new Med-A form has affected working practices in centres
- Chronic GvHD
- Immunosuppressive Treatments in Aplastic Anaemia: current practice. RACE trial update and training
- Med-A form – discussion forum
- How is HLA data in the Registry database being used by EBMT?
- Long term survivors
- Data Protection
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- Cytogenetics (with the focus on Med-A)
We recommend participants to try to attend as many sessions as possible - even if they do not seem to relate directly to your area of work. In the past, we have found that people learn more about transplants by finding out what is involved in a diverse range of areas. We always encourage active participation in these sessions, raising issues and requesting clarifications, so that we can all learn from each other.
EBMT Registry Database (ProMISe) Training Sessions
We are once again offering training sessions
on how to use the Registry Database via ProMISe for Data Entry
, Data Retrieval, HLA Data Entry and Cell Therapy Data Entry, Advanced Data Entry, Donor Outcome.
session is an introduction to Med-A entry and only absolute beginners
should sign up for it.
The following sessions are aimed primarily at experienced
Please note: Places for the ProMISe training sessions are limited so booking is essential. If you would like to attend any of them please click on this link to the booking form.
- Data Retrieval session will focus on obtaining data listings, frequencies, cross-tabulations and running queries.
- HLA Data Entry session will focus on how to enter HLA reports
- Cell Therapy Data Entry session will focus on how to enter the Cell Therapy data in ProMISe, with reference to the new Cell Therapy form being implemented just prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Donor Outcome session is a walk through on how to enter the Donor outcome data in ProMISe. The differences in storing data from related donors as opposed to unrelated donors will be shown.
- Advanced Data Entry (Med-B Session) is an Interactive session focusing on aspects of data that are difficult to enter with the current navigation.